Monday, July 26, 2010

I write poems in deux langues.

For some reason, I've taken to writing poems during class when I get bored. They're all ridiculous and in two (sometimes three) languages. This is the last week of class. Today was the last 7 hour day. It was super long. And I was in a horrible mood. You know how I am when I wake up in the morning, and I don't really form words, I just grunt? Yeah. I was like that all day today. It was so bad.

We have just three classes left. Tomorrow after school we're going to a cidery. That should be fun. I hope it smells better than the fromagerie. Then we start our D-Day stuff. We're going to the biggest WWII museum in the world, I think. If I remember right, I went there the last time I was here, but I probably didn't appreciate it then. I'll try harder this time.

Someone is playing the piano in the next room, and it sounds terrible.

Eventually this week, we'll go to Omaha Beach. That's where I broke my camera last time, so this time I'll be careful and take some pictures.

Saturday we leave for Paris. We'll be there until Wednesday morning, then we all go our different ways. Kids from the earlier groups told us that everything is really rushed in Paris and that we only have an hour at each thing we go to. I'm really glad Daniele, Rachelle, and I have all been there before. I think we'll be alright with not having a lot of time to spend at each place, because we've already done all the touristy things in Paris.

I bought my train ticket to go to Brest next Wednesday. I leave at 8 in the morning. I should be in Brest by 1. I'm SO excited to see Fabienne! It's been three years since I've seen her, but I bet she hasn't changed at all.

I am so tan right now. It better stay until I get back home.

I'm almost done with everyone's gifts. I'm super excited! I can't wait to give everyone their French treasures. I have a real gem for Jared. I'm going to have to leave some tshirts here in order to fit all this stuff in my suitcase. Not excited about trying to fit everything in there.

It's dinner time, and I'm starving. Bonne journee!

No comments:

Post a Comment