Thursday, July 22, 2010

James Dean Buttons and European Onesies

Sorry I've been so lazy with the blog! I'm always super busy and it costs money to get on the internet.

Here's what I've done in the last few weeks:

We went to the city where Joan of Arc was burned. We saw an awesome wax museum of her life. There were some really creepy people in it. I also bought a fox keychain at the museum. It was so strange, but I couldn't resist.

The other group has left now, and there are only seven girls left in the house - too much estrogen. We get sick of each other rather quickly, so we need lots of alone time. It's cool though, because I really enjoy going to the beach alone after dinner and hanging out in the dunes. It's rather nice.

Last weekend, we went to Swiss Normandy. We hiked in the mountains, then Rachelle, Daniele, and I rented a paddle boat and hung out on the river with some boyscouts. They tried to tip our boat over, but we prevailed. We thought we found a beaver, but it was actually more like a large squirrel. Stick around for a few weeks, and you'll see all the pictures we took that day.

A few days later, we went to a cheese factory. It smelled so bad. There was a lady selling jewelry in the exhibition hall and it was all so pretty. I probably spent too much money there.

Today, the girls and I went to Cabourg to do some shopping. I bought a European onesie. It's the coolest thing I've ever bought in my entire life. I can't wait to wear it every day in America. Everyone should be so jealous of me.

Grammar class started this week. Little did we know, it is also a composition class. We have to write an essay almost every night. About really dumb stuff. The class is really hard, and it's mostly stuff I've never seen in my entire life, but I'm learning. I'll survive, with the help of Mama Danielle and Elvira.

Tomorrow will be the third day this week that we had class for seven hours straight. It's kind of horrible sitting in the same seat all day - taking an hour to eat then returning to study some more.

Anyway, I'm still doing well. I'm not sick anymore, and the strange white thing growing in my throat has disappeared. Yesterday I received a box from my mother. It contained a bunch of James Dean stuff for Mama Danielle, some of my favorite snackes, and Erik's surprise. Of course it made me cry, but I loved it.

Fabienne called me tonight. She's got another student coming this week, and he'll be there while I'm there. That should be interesting. I think she said he's Russian, but I'm not sure. Tonight I'm going to buy my train ticket to visit her after the program. I'm sooo excited to see her. It's been far too long.

I think that pretty much sums up everything going on right now. I'm pretty sure I'm getting fatter, but that should change when I ride my new bike all over the mountains in Tennessee. I hope.

Bon Soiree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment